Pupil Premium Funding is generated by the number of children who have been eligible for free school meals during the previous 6 years, children who are Looked After and service children, and should be targeted at improving the provision for those pupils.
Below are some of the ways Pupil Premium is spent at Buxton Junior School.
- Breakfast club for children in receipt of free school meals
- Additional Teacher support - Booster groups, intervention groups. ( Every Child Counts- Maths and Read, Write, Inc -Literacy, Inference - Literacy).
- Additional TA targeted support for pupils in basic skills - reading, writing and maths ( including Early Bird support before school ).
- Additional TA targeted support to meet the social and emotional needs of pupils and improve attendance e.g. Early Bird and lunchtime sport activities
- Teaching Assistants for Forest School nurture provision.
- Family Resource Workers to support children and families and impact on attendance
- Subsidising Y6 residential visit, educational visits and other educational enrichment opportunities