Sports Premium Funding (Academic Year 2017/2018) £18,000
The Sports Premium continues to fund improvements in the provision of PE and sport so that all our pupils further develop and maintain healthy lifestyles.
At Buxton Junior School we believe that sport contributes greatly to the health and well-being of our pupils and we ensure that all our pupils participate in a variety of sports, outdoor learning and other activities to meet the needs of our pupils, and to encourage them to lead healthy, active lifestyles.
We use our Sports Premium in a variety of ways:
- To improve our teaching skills in the delivery of high quality PE lessons.
- To provide dance, multi-sports,Change4Life and Gifted and Talented after school sports clubs, and lunchtime athletics sessions.
- To allow all Year 3 pupils and other pupils to participate in Forest School Learning throughout the year.
- To participate in HPSSP and cluster events, including transport and extra staffing where needed.
- To train Year 5 pupils to enable them to become Playground Play Leaders.
- To deliver quality CPD for staff, including supply costs.
- To allow our PE Coordinator to attend local meetings to arrange sporting events.
- To subsidise Healthy School Week.
- To provide Bikeability training for Y6 pupils.
- To purchase PE equipment, kit and resources.
Buxton Junior School received Sainsbury's Silver Sports Award in July 2015 and Sainsbury's Gold Sports Award in July 2016, and again in July 2017.